I am a 24 year old female working on getting healthy and being a stronger
person, inside and out.
ATTENTION: TUMBLR DELETED MY FIRST RAFFLE POST. SO PLEASE REBLOG THIS ONE TO ENTER. I’m so sorry. I hope they don’t delete this one.
Now, here we go. This is the moment you’ve all been waiting for! A huge fitblr raffle, with everything you’ve ever desired in your quest for healthy living and more! :D But it’s also a raffle. You see, I have to have surgery - to remove the excess skin from my breasts and repair the damage done to them that was caused by losing 70 pounds. The surgery costs $10,000, and no, insurance won’t pay for any of it. As a single 21 year old living in Chicago, with a full time job and trying to run my own business, I still can’t afford it. So, I decided to try and raise money and also giveaway some really awesome stuff!
Here are the rules/regulations/how to enter:
- Must be following me.
- ONE REBLOG ONLY. Extra reblogs do not count and will not get you any extra entries!
- Check out my gofundme page here: http://www.gofundme.com/natashas-surgery
- TO GET EXTRA ENTRIES: DONATE! For every dollar you donate (for some reason, the minimum is $5 and I can’t change that), you will get an extra entry! So $5 gets you 5 entries, $10 gets you 10 entries and so on!
- FOR ONE FREE EXTRA ENTRY: Share the link of my gofundme page on Facebook. The website shows me how many shares there are/who shared it, so yeah!
- This applies retroactively to those who have already donated! So if you’ve already donated, you’re good to go!
- Likes do not count!
- I will ship internationally!
- The winner will be chosen randomly by random.org.
- NOTE: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DONATE TO BE ENTERED. You will get one entry by reblogging this post, so even if you don’t donate - you still have a chance!
- NOTE: If this post gets deleted again, I will have to figure out another way to do this. I’m sorry in advance if that happens again :/
What all is included in the raffle? Well here you go:
- Fitness Basics Resistance Band
- Fitness Basics 65cm exercise ball
- Fitness Basics women’s athletic gloves
- Fit N Fresh Lunch on the Go set
- Fit N Fresh Smart Portion Chill containers
- Fit N Fresh Vortex Hydrator
- Halloween Owl themed water bottle
- FitPlan (like a fitness journal)
- Nike Speed Jump Rope
- 1 Nike “Beast” Dri-Fit T-shirt in a women’s Medium.
- 1 Nike “Eat My Dust” Dri-Fit T-shirt in a girl’s Large (so fits womens small/medium)
- 1 Nike “Just Say Yes to Endorphins” Dri-Fit T-shirt in a women’s Large
- 1 pair of Nike Pro compression shorts in a women’s Medium.
- $50 Whole Foods gift card.
- $50 Dick’s Sporting goods gift card.
- 2 boxes of organic Clif Bars in the flavor of your choice.
- 2 Activate Apparel (the etsy shop) shirts OF YOUR CHOICE, IN YOUR SIZE.
- 1 pair of Nike Free Runs IN YOUR SIZE, in your preferred color. So whoever wins will give me their size and some color preferences, and I will buy them for you (I work at Dick’s Sporting Goods).
- 1 workout outfit of your choice IN YOUR SIZE! Again, just give me your size/color/brand preferences, and I will be your personal shopper for the day! So you will get a top, bottom and sports bra.
- 1 customized meal/workout plan.
- I WILL BE ADDING A TON MORE PRIZES AS TIME GOES ON!
Oh and one more thing… I will be choosing ten runner-ups to get free meal/workout plans from yours truly (I am a certified personal trainer).
Awesome right?! This raffle ends on December 1st of 2013 OR if I reach my ultimate surgery goal, whichever comes first.
So get to reblogging! Good luck! May the Force be with you!
I haven’t made juice in forever. My juicer doesn’t work all that well so it feels like a waste.
But I gave in today! I went to the farmers market last night and I wanted to juice some of the veggies I got.
1 red bell pepper
1 honey crisp apple
The carrots and bell pepper were from the farmers market.
Then after this I’m going to eat some blackberries and start my day!
Peanut butter toast and a glass of milk.
My go to breakfast.
How to transform stress eating into a Meditation (using Chocolate):
I intuit enough of us, including myself, have reached for food as a way to suppress anxiety while under stress.
My concern for wanting to transform this compulsive reaction had me searching for answers. I recently came across this artical which offers a lovely practice to help turn the voracious feeding into a nourishing of your soul.
Practice Chocolate Meditation
By Elizabeth Scott, M.S.
The chocolate meditation is one of the most pleasurable, ‘delicious’ forms of mindfulness meditation out there, and it’s a very convenient one, too: it’s simple enough for beginners, but effective enough to interest those experienced in meditation and seeking some variety. The chocolate meditation also brings the same benefits of meditation as other forms, but is perhaps easier to commit to, because it has a built-in reward above and beyond the general rewards of meditation: chocolate! Here’s how to do it:
Time Required: 5-15 Minutes
For the chocolate meditation, you need, of course, a piece of chocolate. I recommend a small piece of dark chocolate with a large cocoa content, but you can use a chocolate kiss, a handful of semi-sweet chips, or whatever you have on-hand. It need not be a large piece of chocolate, either; in fact, bite-sized or a little larger is best.
Next, take a few deep breaths to relax your body. You want to start your chocolate meditation as physically relaxed as possible. Close your eyes, if you feel comfortable with it.
Finally, take a small bite of your chocolate. Let it sit on your tongue and melt in your mouth. Notice the flavors from the chocolate, becoming completely absorbed in what you’re experiencing right now. Continue your deep breathing, and concentrate on the sensations in your mouth.
As you swallow, focus on how it feels going down. Notice how your mouth feels empty. Then, as you take a second bite, try to even notice how your arm feels as you raise the chocolate to your mouth, how it feels between your fingers, and then in your mouth. Again, focus on the sensations you are feeling in the present moment.
If other thoughts come into your mind during your chocolate meditation, gently refocus your attention to the flavors and sensations associated with the chocolate. The idea is to stay in the present moment as much as you possibly can.
Savor this feeling. When you’re done savoring your chocolate, revisit the feeling throughout your day, and feel more relaxed. You may choose to continue your meditation after the chocolate is gone, or simply resume your day immediately afterward.
You don’t need to consume large quantities of chocolate during this exercise. In fact, if you’re doing it carefully, you won’t need to consume much at all.
If you’re sensitive to chocolate or have issues with sugar, you can try a similar type of meditation with raisins or other savor-able food you’re able to safely eat.
If you meditate every day, you’ll find lasting benefits and perhaps even a greater resilience toward stress.
What You Need:
❤A piece of chocolate
❤The will to eat it mindfull
So I finally got into some classes so the next few months are going to be insane!!
After grocery shopping I did some meal prep so the next week will be a little easier. I meant to take pictures but I forgot. :(
First i made some smoothie packs. I only made three because I am starting to get bored with smoothies but they are so perfect for a quick breakfast so I am just cutting back. Each bag contained 1/3 of a banana, about 4 strawberries, and about 10 raspberries. Then I freeze them and add milk when I am ready to make it.
Then I cut up some honeydew melon in big chunks and finely diced some mint leaves for my honeydew mint lime drinks when I want something refreshing.
Then I cut up the rest of the strawberries, honeydew, and some cantaloupe and threw it all in a big sealed bowl in the fridge so I have pre cut fruit for snacks!
Phew lots of work! But it makes each day a little easier.
Sorry I have been MIA lately!
So busy with work, trying to get signed up for school, and just life.
Still on track though.
Currently drinking a smoothie for breakfast. Banana strawberry almond milk and flavored green tea. So yummy!!
I hope everyone is doing well.
So after work today I was feeling horrible. I layed around in bed for hours hoping I would feel better. Nothing worked. A migraine was coming. I was nauseous. It’s that time of the month. I didn’t get enough sleep. Basically just a bad day.
I ate a burger. That obviously made it worse.
So I took a bath and chugged a bottle of water. Then I ate a tomato from the farmers market with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Now I’m sipping chamomile peppermint tea.
I am not 100% better but good enough to sleep.
Feed your body good and it will be good to you.